The extent of pressures put on our children today is far greater than ever before. From increased scholastic expectations starting at an extremely young age, to increased social responsibility, our children are faced with a daunting challenge. Combine that with the ever increasing distractions that technology provides (gaming, social media, general connection) and parents struggle to develop skills to help their children not just excel, but to be functioning, at ease and simply happy.
As a result, we have developed our Mindfulness for Children program. This program offered through the Long Island Center for Mindfulness was designed by Cory Muscara and Elissa Rubin, MD (pediatrician and owner of Happy and Healthy Pediatrics) to combine proven techniques from established Mindfulness curriculums as well as experience and perspective from pediatric medicine. All designed for appropriate age groups to be fun and engaging!
Workshop Learning Objectives
- Develop skills to understand stresses and develop coping strategies
- Develop skills to manage reduce and manage anxiety, habits that transcend into adulthood
- Improve understanding of sensations and feelings and how to respond rather than react
- Improved focus and attention
- Learn to communicate and listen with greater mindfulness to family, friends and in school
- Deepen interpersonal relationships.
- Learn how to practice a variety of different mindfulness meditations, and develop and sustain a simple meditation practice moving forward
The Role of the Parents/Guardian
It is incredibly important for you, as a parent or guardian, to be a part of this experience with your child. Therefore, we ask at least one guardian to be present during the class. Although the learning period will only involve interaction with the kids, it is important for you to see what tools/ideas the children are learning to support and encourage them between sessions. If you would like to take your learning deeper, we offer multiple courses for adults through the Long Island Center for mindfulness. This is a great opportunity for you to learn these tools alongside your child, allowing you to integrate mindfulness into more deeply into your family and household.
About the Instructor
$195 / $350 for 2 (siblings) / $525 for 3 (siblings)
Register for 5:30pm
**THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL**
There are limited spaces in this program
We have a limited number of partial scholarships available for those unable to cover the registration cost.If you are interested in a scholarship, and/or have concerns or questions before registering, please reach out to me at email@example.com